The Delta Health Care Services (DHCS) Program is designed to provide financial assistance to address the continued unmet health needs in the Delta Region, through cooperation among non-profits, health care professionals, institutions of higher education, research institutions, and other entities in the Delta Region.
Eligible Project purposes include the development of:
- Health care services;
- Health education programs;
- Health care job training programs; and
- Development and expansion of public health-related facilities in the Delta Region.
Rural Development Key Priorities:
The Agency encourages applicants to consider projects that will advance the key priorities below
- Assisting rural communities to recover economically through more and better market opportunities and through improved infrastructure.
- Ensuring all rural residents have equitable access to RD programs and benefits from RD funded projects.
- Reducing climate pollution and increasing resilience to the impacts of climate change through economic support to rural communities.
Grants will be awarded to eligible entities in the Delta Region serving communities of no more than 50,000 inhabitants to help to address the long standing and unmet health needs of the region. The Delta Region is defined as the 252 counties and parishes within the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, and Tennessee that are served by the Delta Regional Authority. To view the areas identified within the Delta Region visit http://dra.gov/about-dra/dra-states.
Up to $3,000,000 was available in total funding for FY21. Awards ranged between $50,000 and $1,000,000 each.
Up to $6,112,667 was available in total funding for FY20. Awards ranged between $50,000 and $1,000,000 each.
Project funds may not be used for ineligible purposes. In addition, you may not use Project Funds for the following:
Applicants are encouraged to contact their State Office well in advance of the application deadline to discuss projects and to ask any questions regarding the application process. A list of State Office contacts can be found at http://www.rd.usda.gov/browse-state.